Wednesday 25 April 2012

2012 season off to a wet start!

Hi all,

Well, here we are, in the middle of a drought - and unable to get out and start the pilot surveys on account of the rain.  Some people say I don't get irony, but, you know, I'm sure I do...

We are cracking on with pestering people in their own homes, asking if we can come back and pester them even more over the summer by wandering around their gardens and chasing the bees.  Though we know that the project needs us to sample really sterile places (so at the end of the summer we can say, look, concrete and tarmac really aren't good for pollinators, and we've got the stats to prove it!), it's a hard one to explain to wary householders. 
There's been a few interesting sightings already, but I haven't yet got access to those photos - synching the technology seems to take longer and longer, these days! - so I will leave you with this glimpse of Spring sunshine as this week's test card...



No comments:

Post a Comment