Monday 13 May 2013

A New Addition to the Bristol Team

With Laura off to undertake a Phd at Uppsala University (good luck!) we needed someone to replace her. Enter Helen.....

Hi, I'm Helen and I've emigrated from sunny Torquay to become the latest member of the Bristol field team.  I graduated from Plymouth University with a degree in Wildlife Conservation and have since completed a Masters in Applied Ecology at Exeter. My interest (obsession!) in pollinators began during my undergraduate project where I studied bumblebee foraging behaviour in farmland.  Now I continually improve my ID skills by conducting regular surveys for both the Bumblebee Conservation Trust (BBCT) and Butterfly Conservation.  Although I am particularly interested in pollinators, I'm also a keen botanist and birder.   I'm really excited to be part of the Urban Pollinators Project and am looking forward to getting out in the field and putting my skills to the test.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen. Welcome to the Bristol Team. I am sure you have an amazing time as part of the Urban Pollinators Project and will soon be testing those skills of yours to the max! Good luck. Lucifer

    ReplyDelete