Monday 12 August 2013

Another new addition to the Bristol Team

Hi, I'm Phil and I'm excited to be joining the Bristol Urban Pollinators team this summer. I graduated with a Biology degree from Bath University which was followed up with an MSc in Environmental Management at Stirling University. Outside my degrees, I enjoy working to conserve the natural environment which led me to volunteer with the National Trust and the Avon Wildlife Trust, as well as taking a trip to Ecuador to take part in rainforest conservation. It was through this trip where I first became interested in insects due to the astounding diversity I encountered. My fascination with this group then increased by investigating invertebrate biodiversity in restored forests for my Masters project. Consequently, I'm really looking forward to carrying out pollinator surveys around Bristol and learning more about their relationship with the flowers in our cities.


No comments:

Post a Comment